Friday, June 11, 2010

Bartenders and Magic 8 Balls.

You know how in American movies, when people are in bars and are all depressed, the bartender provides good advice? Like in Win A Date With Tad Hamilton! (not a fab movie but the only example that comes to mind), Pete is at the bar and is all depressed cos Rosalee is in love with Tad Hamilton, so the bartender Angelica gives him really good advice. So, where's my bartender? I think everyone should have some cool bartender-fairy godmother hybrid, someone who you can just whine to, and then they disperse excellent advice.

Whils my friends are very good "bartender" type people, how do you decide which course of action to take? Which advice do you follow? This is where the magic eight ball comes in. In my ideal world, everyone has a pocket sized bartender, like a genie, that you just pull out whenever you need advice (or a cocktail for that matter), and then you pull out your trusty Magic 8 Ball and decide which piece of excellent advice to take.

Then again we could all just use those awesome paper fortune teller/cootie catcher things to tell us exactly how things are going to turn out, and what is going to happen, so we know what to do in order to get there. Basically, I just wish decision making was easier.

And, I wish rain would seriously listen to the song and go away! I'm never trusting weather forecasts again. So Thursday I'm getting ready for school, I pack my umbrella and hat etc cos I'm sure it's going to be cold and rainy - how do I know this? because it has rained incesantly for days, weeks! -. However, my mum had looked at the forecast, and apparently it wasn't going to rain. So, Mum convinced me not to take my umbrella cos it just adds weight to my already heavy schoolbag (although it really wouldn't have it's only like 0.12345g). It's okay most of the day. But then, as I'm in maths it starts pissing down. Sideways rain, absolutely pouring. And, I have to go up to castle mountain from the main building. Yeah, I get soaked. So, all those who will never trust weather forecasts again, say I.

Off to enjoy my Saturday night, think about the advice I have been given, and maybe even pull a 'Rory Gilmore' and make a Pro-Con list to help the decision making process.

x's and o's
Lula Laili Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment