Sunday, April 18, 2010

It was fun while it lasted

Time to bring the school bag out of the closet, grab the books from under the bed, and start getting up before 10am. Two weeks sure does fly by. And, just one of those little "Tallulah-isms": the word 'two' doesn't look right, then again, neither does 'isms'... I'm starting to realise just how busy Year 12 will be. Homework and assessments galore, band practices, guitar lessons, singing lessons, choir, Les Miserables, rock climbing, and the remainder of a social life. To make life funner - yes mum I realise that 'funner' is not a word, but I rather like making up my own words, and I prefer it to 'more fun' - I have two/three/unsure assessments this week. Yipee. Can't you just tell how enthusiastic I am to be going back to school? Holidays have so much more going for them. School: teachers who tell you what to do, heavy bags of books, crowded corridors, tests, homework. Fun, huh? Holidays: sleeping in, staying up late, lack of sleep NOT MATTERING, spending more than 20 minutes with friends, watching old re-runs and too many movies, learning to drive (only kind of learning I enjoy!), parents that are at work therefore cannot tell me what to do, shopping, sleepovers, movies, gigs. I could go on forever. I vote that school start at 10 every morning, and that there is an utter lack of it on Fridays. Who seconds that vote? I guess it's time to get some sleep, as while I am only excited at the prospect of seeing my friends again and driving my *SCOOTER to school for the first time, it would be a plus if I didn't fall asleep in class on the first day back.

x's and o's
Lula laili lo

* SCOOTER does not look right either. Add that to the list of words that are just plain weird looking.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, this is such a coincidence.. I'm doing my English Speech on why the weekend should be extended to 3 days, counting out Friday as a week day.
    I guess that automatically makes me second that vote. If we are determine, we can change the world.
    Now to start o that speech >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freakay! We can conquer the world - although I'm pretty sure most high school students and slacker teachers would agree! Haha nice.

    ReplyDelete