Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stars are brighter at night

You know when you're a little kid, and you wish on everything that is wish-able? (stars, shooting stars, those funny floaty fairy things, birthday cakes, eyelashes, 11.11, genie bottles?) Well I was always one to wish, and a lot of the time, the things I wished for came true - maybe the trick was that I NEVER told people what I was wishing for. I'm starting to think that we are only allowed a certain number of wishes-that-come-true before our luck runs out. Maybe the wish police keep track of how many wishes have come true for each person. Sorry Mr Jones, but you've used up all your wishes, you're going to have to get things the old fashioned way. Like Monopoly: you have a stack of chance or community chest cards, and when you finally land on one, it's something great like a get-out-of-jail-free or an advance-to-GO. But, once they're all gone, you have to wait to pass Go and collect $200 until you've made your way around the board.

I never grew up from wishing on things. I always wish on the first, brightest star I see at night, floaty fairies and lately, 11.11s - if you don't you should start. But, unlike when I was a kid, my wishes aren't coming true as often. If I have used up all my advance-to-Gos, I'm kind of sad that I wasted them on wishing for silly things like toys, and that I can't use them to wish for things that would make my life amazing if I got them - yet without them, it's only average (and not the MLIA kind). If I do have some left, I wish they'd hurry up and come true. I know, I know, good things take time and patience is a virtue, but if they are going to come true, I'd rather they did sooner rather than later. Otherwise, when/if they do, I might not feel the same way I do now.

Pondering, wondering and wishing
x's and o's
Lula laili lo

No comments:

Post a Comment