Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stamps and Dustbins

Did you know, that other people go to the post office too? Amazing, isn't it? Post offices are those kind of places that I always thought that nobody went to. I was proved wrong. I showed up at the post office this morning to post some letters - yeah, I normally go there to read a good book =D - and there was a HUGE queue*. I was thinking 'woah, who knew...'. The long line made me a few minutes late to school, but my teacher hardly noticed. Then, classics. Classics classics classics. I've loved classics from day 1. It's really interesting, my teacher is great and really funny (BONUS!), not to mention the fact that I sit with a group of funny friends. Entertaining as always, C2 stole Z's pencil case. C2 just has this weird thing about taking someone's stuff at the beginning of the lesson (he does it in Geo too!), but he always gives it back at the end. His current fascination is with vivids (???). When he stole Z's pencil case, he ran away because she tried to get it back and Z chased him. So, J hid C2s school bag under the teachers desk. Z and C2 came back and it took 10 minutes for C2 to notice, most of which was spent laughing about C2's kleptomania.

Lunch, one of my many favourite parts of the school day. C never ceases to amaze and amuse me. Today, we were sitting in A DIFFERENT SPOT (thanks C's sis) and C noticed that the rubbish bin was missing. But, she didn't phrase it like that: "I'm sure there was a dustbin there yesterday." 2 things: 1 = Dustbins = WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT? Sounds like a bucket/bin that you put dust in...We put RUBBISH in a RUBBISH BIN. 2 = Iwasn't really paying attention to the geographic location of the rubbish bin yesterday, so either somebody reeeally wanted the rubbish bin to keep them company - lunchtimes can get lonely -, or rubbish bins can fly! Things sure have changed since I was a kid. We always thought it would be pigs (why pigs, might I ask? There are loads of non-flying* animals, yet they choose pigs?), but nooo, now apparently flying rubbish bins are in. Flying pigs are sooo ten years ago.

Rock climbing, one of my many favourite hobbies. Tuesday nights means going to climbing, which means doing 1 or 2 climbs, which in turn means talking and having fun with the gang. I managed to get some chocolate today - yes, I know, I'm not supposed to have sugar... - and we were talking about comfort foods. B asked me why women like chocolate, I said cos it's yum - well duh - and he said: It's because chocolate releases this chemical in your head that makes you like everything around you and be happy, same chemical released when women give birth. Which is why they always see their baby and are all "awww you're cute I love you". I replied: But, some women give birth and don't feel any love or warm fuzzies for the offspring. B: That's cos they were looking at the doctor. I found this hilarious, maybe because I'm easily amused, or maybe cos it was funny =D. J then said: they should mass produce this stuff - wow, chair I love you, ceiling is gorgeous etc. Me: That's called drugs J.

As was said yesterday, Today is gone, Today was fun, Tomorrow is another one. Tomorrow also means school pictures. Psyched, NOT. Better get some sleep so I'm able to function.

x's and o's
Lula laili lo

*Queue = doesn't look right at all! This list is getting loooong.

2 comments:

  1. That whole looking at the doctor thing was hilarious =D
    But you completely didn't mention your dodgy mind or the silent J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah it was already too long! All things were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete